Fire forces Red Bank family out of their home

Fire forces Red Bank family out of their home

January 2nd, 2012 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

An accidental fire that started in the kitchen of a home has left a family staying with relatives for the night.

At 7:15 p.m. Monday, homeowner Linda Moore called 911 reporting a kitchen fire at 424 North Sims Road, according to a news release from the Hamilton County Emergency Medical Services.

Damages are estimated at $25,000. No injuries were reported.

The Red Bank Fire Department responded and firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen and side deck area.

Deputy Chief Brent Sylar said the homeowners smelled smoke and found something was burning above the stove area, according to the release

The family evacuated the house and called 911 when they realized their fire extinguisher didn't work, according to the release.