UPDATE: Fire damages Cleveland, Tenn., BBQ restaurant

UPDATE: Fire damages Cleveland, Tenn., BBQ restaurant

December 10th, 2013 by WRCB-TV Channel 3 in Local - Breaking News

The exterior of Stadium BBQ Tuesday morning shows the severity of the fire.

Photo by WRCB-TV Channel 3 /Times Free Press.

CHATTANOOGA - A Cleveland business went up in flames early Tuesday morning, damaging the kitchen and half of the building. It happened at Stadium BBQ on the corner of 17th Street and Stuart Avenue.

Fire investigators have ruled the fire at Stadium BBQ accidental. They say there was a malfunction on the smoker, which caused natural gas to leak out and cause a small explosion around 1 a.m.

"Pretty regular customer of ours, Clark, called. He lives about a mile away, heard an explosion, turned on the police scanner and heard it was our business on fire," Stadium BBQ Co-owner Barry Schuch said.

View more at our news partner's website, wrcbtv.com.