1) CITY COUNCIL WANTS MORE ANSWERS ON CHATTANOOGA VILLAGE
Citing a need for more answers, Chattanooga City Council members on Tuesday put off for two weeks a rezoning decision on a proposed 190-acre $100 million commercial and apartment project called Chattanooga Village.
2) CHATTANOOGA-BASED CHATTEM BUYS ROLAIDS BRAND
3) FOUR PEOPLE CHARGED IN CHATTANOOGA KIDNAPPING
A group of at least four kidnappers seeking drugs or their value in cash stripped a man of his clothes, cut his face and neck, blindfolded him and bound his hands and feet, according to a Chattanooga police report.
Shane Keller, 25, told officers he was going to a house at 3300 E. 36th St. to sell $150 worth of methamphetamine. His mother, who declined to give her name, said her son told her he was going to visit friends.
4) CITY COUNCIL APPROVES SPENDING $38 MILLION FOR SEWER REPAIRS
5) FOUR PEOPLE EXPOSED TO RABID LLAMA
Officials say a veterinarian was called to a Fannin County house in Morganton on Dec. 28 because a llama was showing signs of aggression -- biting at itself, biting at others and spitting at one of its caretakers.