Cooking fire leaves four homeless in Chattanooga

Cooking fire leaves four homeless in Chattanooga

June 27th, 2013 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

Four people are homeless after a fire burnt a duplex at 3967 Arbor Place Lane in Chattanooga last night.

The four residents all escaped without injury.

Firefighters were able to contain most of the flames to the kitchen area on one side of the duplex. The loss was estimated at around $20,000.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental, most likely from food being left unattended on the stove, according to a news release.