Firefighters extinguish Dallas Bay kitchen fire

Firefighters extinguish Dallas Bay kitchen fire

March 13th, 2013 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department put out a kitchen fire Wednesday morning that caused about $5,000 in damage.

Ray Davis, of 7325 Valley Lane Road, told firefighters he was cooking French fries on the stove around 7 p.m. when he walked away for a moment, according to a news release. While Davis was gone, the grease from the fries caught fire, and the fire jumped to the kitchen cabinets.

No injuries were reported, and Davis said he would stay the night with relatives.