The Chattanooga Transportation Department has announced some road closings and events over the weekend that will affect local traffic.
- Although no roads will be closed in connection with the Chattanooga Down Syndrome Society's Buddy Walk on Saturday, the sidewalks will be used for the event. They include those along Third Street between Chestnut Street and Power Alley, Power Alley from Third Street to Chestnut Street, and Chestnut Street from Riverfront Parkway to Third Street. The hours will be 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Walnut Street between the south end of the Walnut Street Bridge and Aquarium Way will be closed Saturday from noon to 8 p.m. for the Wine Over Water Festival.
- Reggie White Boulevard between West 19th Street and the entrance to the Skate Park will be closed Sunday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the Chattanooga Market.
- The Komen Race for the Cure on Sunday will lead to closing from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. of the eastbound curb lane of Riverfront Parkway from West M.L. King Boulevard to Chestnut Street, Chestnut Street from Finley Stadium to West 11th Street, West 11th Street from Chestnut Street to Broad Street, the southbound curb lane of Broad Street from West 11th Street to West Sixth Street, West Sixth Street/Gateway Avenue from Broad Street to King Boulevard, and the westbound curb lane of King Boulevard from Gateway Avenue to Riverfront Parkway.
- Chestnut Street from Main Street to 20th Street will close at 7:30 a.m. The westbound curb lane of 20th Street From Broad Street to Reggie White Boulevard, southbound Broad Street from 20th Street to West 13th Street, West 13th Street between Broad and Chestnut Street, and Chestnut Street from West 13th Street to Finley Stadium will also be closed from 1:30 to 3 p.m. for the Race For the Cure Fun Run.