Carbon monoxide scare saves neighbors from Hixson house fire

Carbon monoxide scare saves neighbors from Hixson house fire

August 24th, 2014 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

One family's carbon monoxide scare actually saved the lives of another Hixson family several doors down.

K.G. Gauthaman and his wife Kala lived nearly three decades in their Windbrook home with no incident, until Saturday morning when their home caught fire. But it just so happened that the Chattanooga Fire Department already had fire trucks on the street when the fire occurred - at 3 a.m.

"All they [firefighters] had to do was back up and start fighting the fire," said Wanda Harrelson, whose carbon monoxide alarm originally brought firefighters to the area.

Check tomorrow's Times Free Press for the full story.