Man in hospital after fire at psychic reading business in Chattanooga

Man in hospital after fire at psychic reading business in Chattanooga

June 17th, 2014 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

A bedroom fire in a Hixson home that doubles as a psychic reading business sent an unresponsive man to Erlanger hospital Tuesday morning.

Chattanooga firefighters responded around 9:30 a.m. to 5454 Hixson Pike, where battalion chief Jeff Eldridge said smoke and flames were visible toward the back of the building, according to a news release.

A man found sitting in a truck in the driveway appeared to be unresponsive, the release states.

Firefighters contained the fire to a single bedroom but the rest of the house sustained smoke and water damage.