AUGUSTA, Ga. -- From the Richmond County satellite office of the "Talks too much studios, fore please, the 5-at-10's now driving...
We are going to move quickly today because we have to get to work.
The rules are simple: Pick five golfers and we'll take your best four finishers. You get points for where they place (first = 1 point; 11th = 11 points) and the two lowest scores win.
Here are the entries so far (if you do not see yours let us know):
5-at-10 - Tiger, Mickelson, Rose, Bradley
Mrs. 5-at-10 - Zach Johnson, Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson, Rory McIlroy and Adam Scott
Dawg747 - Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson, Jason Dufner, Matt Kuchar
McPell - Mickelson (last time I swear), Dufner, Choi, Snedeker & Kuchar.
(side note: Love the Choi pick. If he wins, your new Delta Tau Chi name will be Pure Choi... Why not?)
Sportsfan - Lee Westwood, Adam Scott, Bo Van Pelt, Justin Rose, and Fred Couples
Todd962 - Schwartzel, Luke Donald, Jason Dufner, and Tiger
Fred - Couples, Tiger, Phil, Bubba
WarEagle - Louis Oosthuizen, Justin Rose, Tiger, Dustin Johnson
BlueOval - Tiger, Mickelson, Snedeker and B Watson
DanRoth22 - Phil Mickelson, Justin Rose, Fred Couples, Adam Scott, and Jason Dufner
Deboman - P. Mickelson, Keegan Bradley, Lee Westwood, Rory McIlroy, and Padraig Harrington
OrdinaryGuy - Tiger, Vijay, Rory, and Phil
Spy - Dufner, Jason Day, Snedeker, Rory and DA Points
StuckinKent - Phil Mickelson, Bubba Watson, Rory McIlroy, Justin Rose, Matt Kuchar
RustyVol - Tiger, A. Scott, L. Westwood, and Phil
OrangeGuy - Bubba, Rory, Stricker, Phil, & Mahan
Richie Rich - Phil Mickelson, Luke Donald, Matt Kuchar, Brandt Snedeker, Lee Westwood
Jefe - Laird, Kaymer, Schwartzel, Oosthuizen, Donald.... War Foreigners
Weena - Couples, Charlie Schwartzel, Westwood, Tiger
TFP golf ace David Uchiyama - Phil, Rory, Dufner, Sneds, Adam Scott
Addicted to Chalupa -- Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson, Keegan Bradley, Steve Stricker
fechancellor -- Tiger, Rory, McDowell, Bradley
TNBuck -- I'll take J. Day, A. Scott, Phil, Kuchar, & Dustin Johnson.
HardCopy -- Tiger Woods, Jason Dufner, Jason Day, Bill Haas.
bready -- I'll take Tiger, Sneds, Keegan Bradley, Justin Rose.
wcole777 -- Tiger Woods, Rickie Fowler, Dustin Johnson & Steve Stricker
TFP football ace David Paschall -- Tiger, Rory, Kuchar, Angeggl Cabrera
Quake -- Tiger, Rory, Djohnson, Phil
Cowboy Joe -- Tiger, Phil, Johnson and Johnson
Doc (he is a doctor after all) -- Phgil, Rose, DJohnson, Westwood, Scott Piercy
Coach Mac -- Tiger, Dufner, Bubba, McIlroy
TFP UT ace Downtown Patrick Brown -- Westwood (as always), rory, Bubba, Keegan Bradley, Adam Scott
Billy in Brainerd -- Kuchar, Louis, Yang, Snedeker and G-F Castano
Mr Spud -- Tiger, Kuchar, Westwood and Mickelson
We'll update the list later... and welcome to all the new faces, including coach Mac.
By now the tournament is in full force and we'll spend much of the morning following Steven Fox, so play nice.
On Fox, we spent some time with he and his family last night before he headed to the famed Crow's Nest, and the kid was as calm as an October lake morning. What an adventure huh?
He's playing with Bubba and Ian Poulter today and tomorrow. Cool stuff.
The legend of Oso Blanco only grows. Evan Gattis, the Braves catcher and cleanup hitter who was out of baseball for four years, is hitting .391 and hit his third homer of the season in last night's 8-0 drubbing of the Marlins.
The artist formerly known as Jason Heyward is hitting a less than stellar .071.
Go figure huh?
• Loved a few of the suggestions for the name of the two-week radio adventure TFP football ace David Paschall and the goofballTFP sports editor will try starting Monday on ESPN 105.1 here in town.
• Kobe scored 47 as the Lakers stayed in the playoff hunt. If LA makes it in -- it holds a scant edge with a few games left -- the Lakers would be the most dangerous 8 seed of all-time.
• As our ace columnist Mark Wiedmer shared this morningg, Shaq was in Chattanooga Wednesday. Shaq is a cool cucumber you know?
• NFL draft names moving and shaking -- we love the draft; you know this. There's no way we spend a first-rounder on any QB on this board. Also, as all-around ace David Paschall shared, Mel Kiper Jr has Da'Rick Rogers in Round 4. If David Ricky Rogers is still on the board going into the Saturday of the draft, we'd move pieces to have that first pick. Kid can play.
• side note: The 'g' key on our keyboard is sticking so if you see a randon 'g' well now you know.
• Want to know a side story about the glorious, high-dollar newspaper travel? Here's what happened this morning at the America's Best Inn parking log -- Uch is outside smoking, and a Richmond County sheriff pulls through the parking lot and says, "If you see a black male in a yellowT-shirt call 911." Ocuh-standing
Don't forget Friday's mailbag. And yes we know that is not a question.
We thought about asking something poetic or magical about Augusta, but that's not our style.
Try this one: What's the Rushmore of Caddyshack quotes? Yep, give us your fav four quotes from the iconic golf movie.