The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga men's golf team finished seventh out of 21 teams Sunday in the Furman Intercollegiate tournament at Greenville, S.C. UTC closed with a 297 on Sunday to finish with a total score of 881. Individually, Davis Bunn led the Mocs with a score of 218 to finish tied for 18th after shooting a 75 in the final round. Benni Weilguni (220) tied for 24th, Liam Johnson (222) tied for 33rd, Alex Ratliff (233) tied for 85th and Chris Robb (235) finished in a tie for 92nd.
• Greg Brock of Calhoun and Howell Kerr of Dalton were joined by the team of Chris Tallent Sr. of Rocky Face and Dalton's Kyle Pettyjohn at even-par 216 to tie for sixth place at the Georgia Four-Ball golf tournament Sunday at Albany. Marietta's Gary Bernson and Scott Resseguie of Augusta won the event at 8-under 208. Calhoun football coach Hal Lamb and partner Rick Brown of Adairsville shot a 74 on Sunday and finished at 1-over 217. Dalton's Matt Oxford and his partner finished ninth in the championship flight at 5-over 221. Calhoun's Jeff Brown and his Suwanee partner finished second after the final round for flights 4 through 7 were canceled because of heavy rain Saturday night where Dalton's Dwight Hefner and Duane McMullen were fourth at 146 and Calhoun's Bob and Mike Nance were seventh at 149 in Flight 5.
• The Sewanee women's tennis team, ranked 19th in NCAA Division III, pulled out a 5-4 win over No. 15 Washington and Lee in a Fab 7 Invitational match Saturday at Emory University in Atlanta that lasted nearly seven hours. Sewanee quickly fell behind 2-0 in the doubles but got a 9-8 win from Annie Veron and Julia Wood and then trailed 4-1 before Bronte Goodhue, Veron, Anne Garland and Wood won in singles- Garland in a three-hour three-setter and Wood by a 7-6, 7-5 score. The Tigers beat No. 16 Tufts 5-4 on Sunday. Goodhue, Jenny and Lindsey Liles won in singles, and the Liles sisters and Goodhue and Garland picked up doubles wins.
• Sewanee junior Astrid Escobar earned All-America honorable mention twice at the NCAA Division III swimming and diving meet this past weekend in Houston. The Panama City Beach, Fla., resident was 15th in the women's 100-yard breaststroke and 16th in the 200 breast.
• Michael Morris had three goals and three assists and Davis Brown also netted three goals as the Sewanee men's lacrosse team won 17-3 at Oglethorpe University on Saturday. Pierce Leonard had four assists with two goals, Cotter Brown added three assists, Conley Street had two goals and two assists and Sam LaBranche made seven saves for the Tigers (7-2), who outshot the Atlanta team 62-21.
• The Sewanee women's lacrosse team hosted Oglethorpe on Sunday and won 20-5 for its fourth consecutive win. Mallory Grimm led the scoring with five goals for the Tigers, and Molly Arnold added four goals.
• While junior Walters State transfer Brittany Hefner is the clear leader of the Carson-Newman softball offense with her .473 batting average, school-record 15 home runs and amazing 65 RBIs through the 21-11 Lady Eagles' doubleheader split Saturday against Lenoir-Rhyne, the Chattanooga-area players continue to be a crucial part. Ooltewah High School graduates Bri Shoemake, Jessica Morgan and Sara Kelley are batting .364, .357 and .313, and Kelley has the team's second-best totals of eight homers and 25 RBIs while Shoemake has 20 RBIs. The three former Lady Owls have scored 67 runs among them, while Ridgeland grad Caitlyn Lance has scored 28 and is batting .333 and freshman Braleigh Angel from Baylor is hitting .338 with 21 runs. Another freshman from Baylor, Kaitie Sims, has a 12-2 pitching record after Saturday's 6-4 loss when Kelley and Lance homered. Shoemake was 3-for-5 with an RBI and a run in the eight-inning 6-3 win.
• Sewanee lost 14-0 and 12-2 in Sunday's Southern Athletic Association softball games at Hendrix in Conway, Ark., dropping the Tigers to 5-9 overall and 0-8 in the league. Kayla Sewell had a triple and an RBI in the second game.
• Sewanee was routed by visiting Rhodes in Sunday's SAA baseball finale, 11-3. Michael Walker went 3-for-3 for Sewanee with a pair of RBIs.
• Franklin defeated Independence 13-7 to win the Ooltewah Invitational late Saturday. Highest-finishing Chattanooga area team was the host Owls, who lost to Independence in the semis. Ooltewah defeated Franklin 10-1 in an early round game.