<for games of Sept. 21>
(Coaches are invited to make nominations. Send an e-mail to Ward Gossett at firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 p.m. each Saturday.)
* Baylor: Jeffery Bowens caught four passes for 152 yards and a TD as the Red Raiders slipped past McCallie 28-26.
* Boyd-Buchanan: Jim Cardwell tucked it and ran more than once but two of those jaunts resulted in TDs as the Buccaneers remained undefeated with a hard-fought 24-17 win over visiting Donelson Christian.
* Bradley Central: Bryce Copeland ran for 86 yards and two TDs and completed 19 of 25 passes for 240 yards and another score as the Bears upended Blackman 23-21.
* Central: Kevin Mckenzie scored three of the Pounders' four TDs in a 28-21 overtime win over Soddy-Daisy, rushing 16 times for 105 yards and adding another 81 receiving yards. His performance was pivotal in Central ending a four-game losing streak.
* Cleveland: C.J. Bryant had three rushing TDs and 132 yards on just seven carries as the Blue Raiders dispatched Red Bank 41-7.
* Gordon Central: M.J. Reynolds assured the unbeaten streak would go to four by throwing for three TDs on a 13-21-1 night that also accounted for 219 yards.
* Gordon Lee: Adam Vandiver scored just once but led the Trojans in rushing with 119 yards on just nine carries as part of a 55-8 win over Southwest Atlanta Christian.
* Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe: Pooh Harden ran 15 yards for one TD and caught a 32-yard TD pass from Trey Simon in the unbeaten Warriors' 24-17 victory over Adairsville.
* Lookout Valley: Jamal Jones ran for two TDs and 92 yards but the Yellow Jackets came up short, 23-13 to Notre Dame.
* McCallie: Alex Trotter picked up 103 yards on 11 carries but he and the Blue Tornado were bested 28-26 by Baylor.
* North Jackson: Kitt Grider threw passes for the game's first two TDs and then let the running backs take over in the Chiefs' 56-14 victory over DAR. Grider finished with 220 yards on a 9-of-11 night.
* Notre Dame: Ricky Ballard ran for 201 yards on 25 carries and scored all three of the Irish touchdowns in a 23-13 win over Lookout Valley.
* Ooltewah: Stewart Doss had a 15-yard TD reception and returned an interception 42 yards for the Owls' first two scores in a 38-6 victory over East Ridge.
* Polk County: Zach Miller scored one TD and posted his fifth 100-yard rushing effort (126) as the Wildcats climbed to 5-1 with a 22-0 shutout of Walker Valley.
* Red Bank: The Lions' lone score in a 41-7 loss to Cleveland came in the final minute, a 48-yard pass from Hagen Wilkey to Quan Springs.
* Rhea County: Austin Dotson scored the Golden Eagles' lone TD and gave his team a brief lead before Knox Fulton unloaded, scoring 48 unanswered points in a runaway win.
* Ridgeland: Darrell Bridges scored three times and rushed a total of 18 times for 168 yards as the Panthers defeated Cedartown 42-21.
* Ringgold: Slade Dale ran for 49 yards and passed for 270 but the Tigers came up a point shy in a 27-26 loss to Gordon Central.
* Signal Mountain: Signal Mountain ran 74 times for 322 yards with Robert Turner getting 128 of that along with a TD in a 55-54 victory over previously unbeaten South Pittsburg.
* Silverdale Baptist: Spencer Mossburg ran for three scores as the Seahawks improved to 5-1 with a 28-6 victory at Whitwell.
* Soddy-Daisy: Brett Standifer threw for 224 yards and a TD and scored another but the Trojans fell in overtime to Central.
* South Pittsburg: Demetric Johnson ran for 221 yards (seven carries) and four TDs and backfield mate Jajuan Lankford added 202 (six carries) and two more scores but the Pirates lost their unbeaten status in an offensive shootout, 55-54 to Signal Mountain.
* Trion: Kingston Lanier gained 86 yards on 14 carries as the Bulldogs moved to 3-0 with a 10-0 shutout of Mt. Paran.
* Tyner: Joseph Sturkey's two TDs led the Ram train scoring parade in a 33-7 victory over Tullahoma.