An early morning fire Friday at an Orange Grove home has displaced five residents.
The fire was reported at 2:40 a.m. Friday in the 2700 block of Folts Drive, according to a news release.
Battalion Chief Don Bowman said the first firefighters on-scene reported seeing fire on the outside of the structure. They attacked the fire aggressively and had the fire out in roughly five minutes, the release states.
No injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire appears to be electrical in nature, but what exactly sparked the blaze remains undetermined, Bowman said.
The house is a residency for the Orange Grove Center, which offers services for intellectually and developmentally disabled adults. Though the damage was confined to the exterior of the building, electrical service to the building had to be disconnected for safety reasons.
The American Red Cross is working to provide assistance to those displaced, which includes three Orange Grove residents, a house supervisor and her child.