• Keep them topical and short (25 words or less).
• Please include your name.
• Send to: Rant, P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-668-5058; or e-mail: email@example.com
• Keep them topical, short (200 words or less), legible and not more often than one every 30 days. Letters may be edited for clarity and length
• Must be signed with name, address and telephone number.
• Send to: Editorial page editor (either Times or Free Press), P.O. Box 1447, Chattanooga, TN 37401; fax: 423-757-6383; or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting the vote out this fall for Tennessee's tried and true Democratic gubernatorial contender Karl Dean is far more important for our state than just putting in office another candidate with a D beside his name.
Republican Bill Lee is hoping to do something no Tennessean has accomplished in nearly 60 years — be elected governor without having previously run for public office. We think he ought to be given that opportunity.