• Name: Scenic City Dentistry
• Location: Michael Reardon's dental office is moving to 7030 Lee Highway in Chattanooga. The current office is located a half-mile away, on Shallowford Road.
• Status: Builders have poured the slab and are framing the walls. They've finished the electrical, plumbing, vacuum and compressor lines that dental chairs require to run. This is important because the suction lines require vacuum pressure in order to perform properly. Still to come, builders plan to install trim work and install specialized dentist equipment. Builders will install chairs, a crown fabrication unit, digital X-ray systems, a sterilization center, custom hands-free cabinetry to avoid cross-contamination and a recycling center to qualify the office as a green dental organization.
• Price: $240,000, which does not include the cost of specialized dental equipment.
• Features: Technology in the office includes a Cerec unit that makes crowns and onlays, so patients don't have to visit multiple times. Instead, they can get fitted and have the crown or onlay delivered in a single visit. A soft-tissue laser installed in the practice will allow doctors to make changes to the aesthetics and cosmetics of gum tissue, and a new digital radiograph will decrease the exposure time of patients to radiation versus a traditional film-based X-Ray. An unltraviolet light assists with whitening procedures, and unique skylights will provide a natural view to patients when leaned back. The size of the office will increase from 1,600 to about 3,100 square feet, allowing for more privacy, more chairs and more patients. The office now can handle five patients at once.
• Builders: True Custom Builders
• Contact: 423-855-5577
- Compiled by Ellis Smith, email@example.com or 423-757-6315