He's a singer with one of the most recognizable voices on country radio, a songwriter and now Randy Houser has added movie producer to his name.
Houser's film "Magnolia" premiered in September on CMT Network, inspired by his critically acclaimed fifth studio album of the same name, which was released in January. Houser is currently touring in support of his "Magnolia" album, and stops in the Tivoli Theatre on Saturday, Nov 2. Paul Cauthen will open the concert.
The film follows Noah, an oil pipeline/rig worker as he returns home to the Gulf Coast to confront his past while also determining his future. The film was shot in Houser's home state of Mississippi, and Houser plays a local bartender/singer at the town dive, performing several acoustic versions of songs off the album.
If you go
› What: US-101 Presents Randy Houser
› Where: Tivoli Theatre, 709 Broad St.
› When: 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2
› Admission: $34.50, $44.50 and $54.50
› For more information: 423-757-5580
Houser served as executive producer for the film and co-wrote every song on the album.
But it's his authentic, down-to-earth, rollicking toe-tappers like "Boots On" and "Runnin' Outta Moonlight" that fans will be coming to hear Saturday night.
Think you're a big fan? Take this trivia test to see how much you know about the Mississippi singer.
1. What was Randy Houser's first single?
2. What song did Houser co-write that was a hit for Trace Adkins?
3. What Houser hit featuring a preschool actor who looked just like the singer was nominated for Video of the Year by the Academy of Country Music?
4. What song did Houser co-write that became Justin Moore's debut single?
5. Houser had two No. 1 singles off the album "How Country Feels." What were they?
A well-known singer- songwriter introduced Houser to his current wife, Tatiana. Who was it?
1. "Anything Goes"
2. "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk"
3. "Boots On"
4. "Back That Thing Up"
5. "How Country Feels" and "Goodnight Kiss."
Bonus: Dallas Davidson. Tatiana Starzynski is Davidson's sister-in-law.