* Locations: Headquartered in Dayton, SimplyBank has other offices in Spring City, Rockwood, Harriman and Benton, Tennessee.
* Size: SimplyBank is the largest among the five banks in Rhea County with over $360 million in assets.
* Staff: Geoff Robinson, a 22-year bank employee, was named president in June and heads the 77-person staff
* History: The bank began as Bank of Spring City in 1890 and has changed its name five times through its history before becoming First Bank of Tennessee in 1999 after George Calfee bought control of the bank. On Oct. 6, 2018, the bank changed its name to SimplyBank.
* Name changes: The latest change in name in 2018 followed the renaming of the former AmSouth bank on the same block in downtown Dayton to FB, or First Bank. But with the First Bank name on two different nearby banks, maintenance crews often went to the wrong bank to perform work and once an entire parking lot was repaved — at the wrong First Bank location.
* Why the "SimplyBank" name? To avoid confusion with the other "First Bank," the SimplyBank name was adopted, which officials say reflects what the bank offers its customers. "We looked at a lot of names. We spoke with customers, employees, and others during this process. The word "Simply" continued to be mentioned by every group. It's the banks approach and the perfect name to convey best what this bank is all about," said Brian May, president of the bank's marketing firm Maycreate. "One of the best things this bank does is take someone who thinks banking has to be complicated, and they present it in a way that seems much more simple. The name was born out of who the bankers really are here."