Below is a list of area art exhibitions and events for the week of June 27-July 3. Anyone with information to be included may contact Ann Nichols at Chattanooga Times Free Press, 400 E. 11th St., Chattanooga, TN 37403 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Asher Love Gallery: 3914 St. Elmo Ave. Hours: 1-7 p.m. Thursday-Friday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, noon-5 p.m. Sunday. Free. 822-0289. Michael Jenkins through Wednesday.
* Association for Visual Arts: 30 Frazier Ave. Hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday. Free. 265-4282. "Skins and Skeletons" Friday-Aug. 27. Reception 5:30-8 p.m. Friday.
* Bessie Smith Cultural Center: 200 M.L. King Blvd. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, noon-4 p.m. Saturday. Admission: $7 adults, $5 seniors/seniors, $3 ages 6-12. 266-8658. "Southern Journeys" through Aug. 11.
* Bill Shores Frames & Gallery: 307 Manufacturers Road, Suite 117. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 1-5 p.m. Sunday. Free. 756-6746. Cherokee stone carvings through July.
* Gallery 1401: 1401 Williams St. Hours: 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday and by appointment. Free. 265-0015. Lorraine Christie through July 11.
* Gannon Art Center Gallery: 3250 Brainerd Road. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. Free. 622-8236. Ellen Franklin through Wednesday.
* Hanover Gallery: 111 Frazier Ave. Hours: Noon-4 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday, 2-4 p.m. Sunday and by appointment. Free. 648-0533. Summer Salon 2010 through Sept. 5.
* Houston Museum of Decorative Arts: 201 High St. Hours: 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday and by appointment Saturday and Sunday. Admission: $9 nonmembers, $3.50 ages 4-17. 267-7176. "Birds of a Feather" through Wednesday, followed by exhibit of Mary Gregory glass Thursday-August..
* Hunter Museum of American Art: 10 Bluff View. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday; noon-5 p.m. Wednesday, Sunday; 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday. Admission: $9.95 adults and $4.95 ages 3-17. 267-0968. "Transformation 6: Contemporary Works in Glass" through Oct. 17. Stephen Rolfe Powell retrospective today-Oct. 24.
* In-Town Gallery: 26 Frazier Ave. Hours: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 1-5 p.m. Sunday. Free. 267-9214. Works by 37 member artists on view. Mary Whittle's copper-plate etchings and jewelry in June, followed by Chuck Frye's paintings in July. Reception 5-8 p.m. Friday.
* Jewish Cultural Center Gallery: 5461 North Terrace Road. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday. Free. 493-0270. "Growing Up Jewish" through July 23.
* Linda Woodall Fine Arts: 7836 Ooltewah-Georgetown Road. Hours: Noon-5 p.m. Wednesday-Friday and by appointment. Free. 238-9985. "French Venues" through Wednesday.
* Mosaic Gallery: 412 Market St. Hours: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and by appointment. Free. 320-6738. Whitney Jones through Friday.
* My Color Image Art Gallery: Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday. Free. 598-6202. Daniel Swanger through Wednesday. Terri Zitrick-Denney during July. Reception 4-7 p.m. Thursday.
* River Gallery: 400 E. Second St. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 1-5 p.m. Sunday and by appointment. Free. 265-5033. "Emerge" through Wednesday. "Sensation" during July. Reception 6:30-8 p.m. Friday. Sculpture garden open daily.
* Shuptrine Fine Art & Framing: 2646 Broad St. Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday and by appointment. Free. 266-4453. Alan Shuptrine through August.
* Studio 2/Gallery 2: 27 W. Main St. Hours: 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday. Free. 266-2222. Jeanne Abbot through Wednesday.
The Arts Calendar lists temporary exhibitions for facilities that focus primarily on visual arts.