It's time to enter the Lin C. Parker Wrapping Paper Design Contest.
Here's what you need to know.
* Who can enter: Any student in grades 1-5 (public, private or home school). One entry per child.
* Deadline: 5 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20.
* Mail or hand-deliver to: Wrapping Paper Contest, Chattanooga Times Free Press, 400 E. 11th St., Chattanooga TN 37403.
* How to enter: Use an 8 1/2- by 11-inch piece of unlined paper. On the back, print the child's name, age, address, telephone number, grade and school. A teacher's name is also helpful.
* Helpful hints: Be original. Use bright colors. Fill the entire page. Use paint, crayon, chalk, markers, pens, construction paper or other creative material.
* Judges will represent the sponsoring organizations: the Times Free Press, ArtsBuild, Creative Discovery Museum and Untied Way of Greater Chattanooga.
* Where to see the designs: The winning design will be enlarged to the size of a newspaper broadsheet and printed on premium paper, with several finalists' designs on the reverse side. The page will be inserted in the newspaper on Sunday, Dec. 8, and on view at www.timesfreepress.com for the Readers' Choice voting. All of the finalist designs will be displayed at CDM, 321 Chestnut St., in December and will be available in the United Way's gift-wrapping booths at Hamilton Place, 2100 Hamilton Place Blvd., Dec. 6-8 and Dec. 13-24.
* Grand prize: The winner will be featured with a story and photograph in the newspaper and also receive a cash prize of $25 plus an arts package and goody bag from the sponsors.
* The founder: The contest was the idea of Lin C. Parker, a longtime writer and page designer for the newspaper and an accomplished artist. It was renamed in her honor after her death in September 2017.
* Information: Call Dylan Chesser at 423-757-6593 or email him at dchesser@timesfree press.com.