In its second year of full revival, the Rising Fawn Studio Tour will expand to two days, happening Saturday and Sunday, Dec. 7-8.
Eight North Georgia artists will take part in the tour in the Plum Nelly area of Lookout Mountain, which has a rich history of arts and crafts.
Studios will be open for browsing, purchasing and refreshments, says participating artist Bonnie Cayce.
She suggests making the excursion to the area an all-day outing.
Rising Fawn Studio TourView 8 Photos
"You may want to visit Cloudland Canyon State Park and dine in one of the local restaurants in the New Salem area for a fun-filled day while supporting local artists," she says.
Hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m. both days.
A map is posted on the tour's Facebook page. The route makes a loop, so visitors may start at either 3005 Plum Nelly Road or 436 S. Moore Road in Rising Fawn. Signs will be posted, and maps will be available at each stop.
* Anna Cayce Smit uses copper, brass and semiprecious stones to repurpose vintage chains, watches, beads and other pieces. Find her at Cayce Creations, 1400 Plum Nelly Road.
* Bonnie Cayce quilts decorative and functional textile art, using ethnic, collectible and vintage fabrics, as well as recycled materials and embellishments. Find her at Cayce Creations, 1400 Plum Nelly Road.
* Julie Clark cuts, welds and forges to create metal yard art and bird-feeding stations. Her photographs reveal a love of flowers and passion for black-and-white photography. Photos are framed in forged steel. Find her at Julie Clark Metal/Photography, 396 Plum Nelly Trail.
* Mark Issenberg makes functional stoneware with an ash glaze that mimics nature's palette. Find him at Lookout Mountain Pottery, 3005 Plum Nelly Road.
* Vista Mahan creates small wall hangings, mug mats, note cards and hand-dyed washable silk scarves. Find her at Julie Clark Metal/Photography, 396 Plum Nelly Trail.
* Claire Vassort makes ethereal hand-painted silks for use in frames, lanterns and scarves. High-quality matted prints and greeting cards are also available. Find her at Silk by Claire, 660 S. Moore Road.
* Nikki Oliver hand-carves and paints Santas, angels and other figures from wood and other materials. Small to large pieces are included. Find him at St. Nick's by Nick, 436 S. Moore Road.
* Mary Jo Jablonski offers original paintings, watercolor prints, note cards and cotton tote bags with her floral designs. Her favorite subject is nature, especially flowers. Find her at Cayce Creations, 1400 Plum Nelly Road.
Contact Lisa Denton at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-757-6281.