* Songs and stories: Singer/songwriter Sherry Cothran, pastor of St. Marks United Methodist Church, will perform "Prophets, Warriors, Healers & Heroes: Untamed Women of the Bible" at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Jan. 31, at Barking Legs Theater, 1307 Dodds Ave. Tickets are $10 adults, $8 students. www.sherrycothran.com.
* Faith, Family & Friends concert: The Greesons, The Hullenders and The Morrison Sisters will perform at 6 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 1, at Ringgold High School auditorium, 29 Tiger Trail. An offering will be received. email@example.com.
* Christian Karaoke Coffeehouse: Next in the monthly series at Oakwood Church of God of Prophecy, 3927 Webb Road, is 6-9 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 1. Bring soundtracks and be prepared to sing. Small donation will be taken at the door from anyone older than 10. Concessions will be available. 423-902-3652.
* Rhythm Retreats: Chattanooga House of Prayer is offering the second in its six-month retreat series, offering teaching, discussions and spiritual disciplines to deepen intimacy with Christ, 9 a.m.-noon Saturday, Feb. 8, at 3912 Dayton Blvd. in Red Bank. The topic is "Lectio Divina & Prayer: Encountering God in Scripture." Participants are encouraged to attend all retreats, but each can stand alone. Cost of each session is $18. Register at www.chatthop.org, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Let's Sing From Memory: Free social gatherings for those affected by Alzheimer's or other forms of dementia, along with their caregivers, to sing old songs and hymns that may reconnect them to old memories, are 1-2:30 p.m. first and third Tuesdays at Northside Presbyterian Church, 923 Mississippi Ave. Free. For more information: 423-266-1766, http://northsidepresbyterian.org.
* Men's Prayer Breakfast will be held 8-10 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 1, at Grace Baptist Tabernacle, 2551 Tunnel Blvd. Includes biblical message by a guest speaker and free home-cooked breakfast. 423-622-2565.
* Groundhog Revival: Oakwood Church of God of Prophecy, 3927 Webb Road, has scheduled revival services with Ron and Diane Ham of Nashville. Services start at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 2, and at 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday, Feb. 3-4. 423-240-9493, 423-903-3652.
* Grief support group: McMinn Senior Activity Center, 205 McMinn Ave., Athens, Tenn., hosts a free Nature of Grief Support Group 9-10 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 4. Information: Donna Rosado, 423-892-4289.
* Church Women United: The general meeting, open to all women of the area, will be Friday, Feb. 7, at Renaissance Presbyterian Church, 1211 Boynton Drive. The program will be on black history. Registration and social time start at 10 a.m., the program at 10:30.
* Ladies Night of Prayer will be held at 6 p.m. Friday, Feb. 7, at Grace Baptist Tabernacle, 2551 Tunnel Blvd. 423-622-2565.
* Worship Night: The Union Chattanooga will hold its first Worship Night of 2020 7-9 p.m. Monday, Feb. 10, at The Camp House, 149 E. M.L. King Blvd. For the first time since its launch in 2016, the event will be led by a mass choir, with Roberta Bishop, minister of music at First United Methodist of Cleveland, directing. The evening includes worship leaders and praise teams from across the area. Child care is provided. 925-234-6847, www.theunionchattanooga.com.
* "The Four Loves" study: The Christian Study Center of Chattanooga will hold a five-week study and discussion of C.S. Lewis' book "The Four Loves" at Anglican Church of the Redeemer, 104 McBrien Road, meeting 7-8 p.m. Thursdays, Feb. 13, 20, 27 and March 5 and 12. The series precedes the annual C.S. Lewis Lecture at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga on March 19. Event details on Facebook or www.chattanoogastudycenter.org.
* Grief support: Forward will start a new seven-week session 10-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 15, in the parlor at First-Centenary United Methodist Church, 419 McCallie Ave. The ecumenical group is open to anyone who has lost a spouse, no matter how recent or long ago, to find mutual support for going forward. There is no charge to participate. To join, call Cindy Ruff at 423-756-2021.
To be included in Faith Briefs, send information to Life@timesfreepress.com. Listings must be sent by Wednesday morning each week.