With restaurants reopening around the city, there are quite a few that will be open for Mother's Day. Others will be working on a takeout basis only. So this gives you two options: Eat in, if you can get a table, or take mom's Mother's Day meal to her. Remember, according to state guidelines, restaurants that are now open while the coronavirus is still around must arrange tables so that they are 6 feet apart, so seating is limited to half of what it normally is.
With that in mind, here's a list of some of the restaurants that will be open, as well as restaurants that will be offering takeout specials for moms. Restaurants that are open for dining will be offering curbside takeout as well.
Be sure to call ahead if you decide to dine in to check for reservations and any last-minute changes to the current dining restrictions. Also, takeout will be a big thing for Mother's Day and restaurants will be busy, so place your to-go orders as soon as possible so that mom's plate won't be empty on her big day.
* Mike's Tavern, 5211 Highway 153. The popular Sunday brunch will be served in-house featuring some of mom's favorites, such as French toast, crab Benedict and brisket hash. Hours: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Phone: 423-541-3615.
* Lakeshore Grille, 5600 Lake Resort Drive. Mom will love the view of Chickamauga Lake while she enjoys brunch with chicken and waffles; spinach-tomato Benedict and other fare. The dinner hour brings on a full menu of steaks, chicken, burgers and more. Hours: 11 a.m.-3 p.m. (brunch), 5-8 p.m. (dinner). Phone: 423-710-2057.
* Sugar's Ribs, 2450 15th Ave. This restaurant, perched on the side of Missionary Ridge, not only offers the best view of the city of any eatery in town, it also has some mouthwatering barbecue; tacos; entree salads, such as the Mojo Salad With Chicken; and those yummy spicy okra chips. If seating permits, try to get a table on the deck overlooking the city. Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Phone: 423-826-1199.
* Bonefish Grill, 2115 Hamilton Place Blvd. Has mom missed her Bang Bang Shrimp? She can have it once again, in addition to all of her other seafood favorites on the extensive menu. In addition to dining in-house, curbside to-go will feature family bundle meals, such as the mahi-mahi and shrimp meal with two sides, a choice of salads and cheesecake and cookies for dessert. Hours: 4-9 p.m. (dine-in), 11 a.m.- 8 p.m. (takeout). Phone: 423-892-3175.
* El Fogon, 8023 Hixson Pike. Moms who love south-of-the-border fare will appreciate the extensive menu at El Fogon, from the made-from-scratch guacamole to the enchiladas rancheras, chipotle shrimp and eight quesadilla choices. Also, there's a Mother's Day special: faijitas for two with two soft drinks for $19.99. Hours: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Phone: 423-771-7819.
* Longhorn Steakhouse, 5771 Brainerd Road and 5583 Highway 153. With a menu of steaks, chicken, seafood, pasta, soups and salads, this popular chain is more than just a steakhouse and has something to suit every palate in the family. Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Phone: 423-490-0573 (Brainerd), 423-870-2722 (Hixson).
* Beef O'Brady's, 110 Snow Hill Road, Ooltewah. Mother's Day specials will be offered in addition to the restaurant's regular menu of award-winning wings, burgers and more. Hours: 11 a.m-10 p.m. Phone: 423-910-0261.
* Champy's, 6925 Lee Highway and 526 E. M.L. King Blvd. If mom loves fried chicken, this is where to find some of the best in town, as well as amazing tamales and fried green tomatoes. Hours: 10:30 a.m.-10 p.m. Phone: 423-803-2800 (Lee Highway location), 423-752-9198 (MLK).
* Purple Daisy Picnic Cafe, 4001 St. Elmo Ave. Treat mom to a delicious lunch with ribbon sandwiches, charcoal-grilled sandwiches, barbecue and other casual fare. Hours: 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Phone: 423-822-6477.
* Acropolis Grill, 2213 Hamilton Place Blvd. Have a craving for Greek food and Southern specialties? Look no further. Mother's Day specials include Shrimp and Sea Scallop Mac-N-Cheese; CAB Grilled Flank Steak; and Barbecue Nova Scotia Salmon. Takeout family meals can be picked up curbside as well. Hours: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Phone: 423-899-5341.
* Public House, 1110 Market St. (at Warehouse Row). This popular downtown eatery will be offering a special menu served curbside and based on the restaurant's Mother's Day buffets from the past. Entrees will include such favorites as the sweet tea brined chicken. For the complete menu, log onto publichousechattanooga.com. Curbside pickup: 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Phone: 423-266-3366.
* Main Street Meats, 217 E. Main St. Meals to go will feed a family of up to five people and feature starters such as creamy Vidalia onion soup; entrees including whole roasted filet mignon and smoked pork tenderloin; mouthwatering sides like white cheddar potatoes; and strawberry shortcake, creme brulee or strawberry-rhubarb crisp for a sweet finish. All dishes are priced separately. And just for moms — flowers from The Clay Pot with any curbside or online order. Pickup hours: Noon-8 p.m. Phone: 423-602-9568.
* Sticky Fingers, 2031 Hamilton Place Blvd. Treat mom to a plate of mouthwatering 'que, from ribs to sandwiches. When placing your order, ask about Mother's Day specials. Hours: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Phone: 423-899-7427.
* SideTrack, 3514 Hixson Pike. Amazing things come out of the wood-fired oven at SideTrack, but the newest item on the menu comes out of the fryer — fish that's beer-battered and fried until golden brown but as light as tempura. It's served with the restaurant's fried broken potatoes and homemade tartar sauce. And you can get it all to go. Hours: 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Phone: 423-414-2690.
* Boathouse Rotisserie and Raw Bar, 1459 Riverside Drive. The setting on the Tennessee River is breathtaking, and even though you can't eat in, there are tables on the Riverwalk below the restaurant where you can get your takeout orders and enjoy dining al fresco. The menu features such specialties as smoked brisket nachos, fried shrimp po'boys and wood-grilled salmon. Hours: 11 a.m.-8 p.m. Phone: 423-622-0122.
* Carrabba's Italian Grill, 2040 Hamilton Place Blvd. All of mom's Italian favorites, including Fettuccine Weesie and Polla Rosa. Order from the menu, or choose one of the family bundles that serve up to five people. Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Phone: 423-894-9970.
* Outback Steakhouse, 2120 Hamilton Place Blvd. and 544 Northgate Mall Drive. Mother's Day specials include the filet and lobster tail dinner and a prime rib and crab cake dinner. Don't forget one of the Bloomin' Onions — they're big enough for the whole family. Hours: 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Phone: 423-899-2600 (Hamilton Place), 423-870-0980 (Northgate).
Email Anne Braly at firstname.lastname@example.org.