* Unity Dance Troupe will present a revised version of "The Veil: Story of Creation" at 2 and 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 22, and 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23, in Lee University's Conn Center, 150 11th St. NE, Lee University in Cleveland, Tennessee. Tickets are a suggested donation of $10 to $30. Reserve at https://www.showclix.com/event/the-veil-story-of-creation.
* Sunday Afternoon at Simpson: This concert series at Simpson United Methodist Church, 601 McFarland Ave., Rossville, continues at 3 p.m. Sunday, March 1, with the men's group inSpirit, an auditioned community chorus directed by Gerald Peel. Admission is free.
* Men's Day events: Stanley United Methodist Church, 501 Dodson Ave., will have Men's Day Prayer Breakfast 9-11 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 22, with Daryl Walsh as guest speaker. Men's Day services start at 11:15 a.m. Sunday, Feb. 23, with the Rev. Ronald Harris as guest speaker.
* Virginia Scott Sweet Heart Day will be celebrated at 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23, at Holy Temple Church of God in Christ, 2311 Bliss Ave. She is the wife of Bishop James Scott, who has been pastor for 61 years. Guest speaker is Dr. Sheryl Randolph of Destiny Church of Chattanooga.
* Black History Sunday will be celebrated Feb. 23 at Greater Tucker Missionary Baptist Church, 1115 N. Moore Road, with businessman and former member Langston Walker as guest speaker at 10:45 a.m. The theme is "Economic Empowerment." 423-510-9026.
* Health event: The Health/Nursing Ministry at Olivet Baptist Church, 740 E. M.L. King Blvd., will host a Go Red - Love Your Heart event, focusing on heart disease and stroke prevention, at 4 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 23, in the Kingdom Center. Featured speakers are Dr. Robert C. McKoy, a cardiologist; Terrell Stevens, who survived a heart attack; and Carrie Lightfoot, who survived a stroke. Shirley Gordon, author of "Miss Shirley's Southern Cooking, will give a healthy foods demonstration. Wear red to show support.
* Mardi Bra: The Salvation Army Women's Auxiliary will hold a lingerie party at noon Monday, Feb. 24, to distribute bras, panties and feminine hygiene items to homeless women. Any group that would like to hold a donation drive for ongoing needs is asked to call Thomas Black at 423-756-1023. Monetary donations may be made online at www.csarmy.org, by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY or by mail to The Salvation Army, 822 McCallie Ave., Chattanooga, TN 37403.
* Lenten services: Anglican Church of the Redeemer, 104 McBrien Road, will serve a Shrove Tuesday pancake supper 5:30-7 p.m. Feb. 25 to usher in the beginning of Lent the next day, Ash Wednesday. There will be a basket for donations to cover the cost of food. Ash Wednesday services will be at 7:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. on Feb. 26. Child care will be provided. The Daughters of the Holy Cross will host a Lenten Quiet Day 10 a.m.-noon Saturday, Feb. 29. 423-892-1101.
* Ash Wednesday service is 6 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26, at Fairview United Methodist Church, 3901 Hamill Road, Hixson. fairviewumchixson.com.
* SCWN luncheon: Scenic City Women's Network's Christmas Networking Luncheon is scheduled Thursday, Feb. 27, at the Mountain City Club, 729 Chestnut St. The speaker is Mimi Nikkel, founder and executive director of Love's Arm, an outreach for women victimized by trafficking prostitution and addiction. Networking starts at 11:30 a.m., and the program and luncheon at noon. Reservations are due by noon Tuesday, Feb. 25. Cost is $20. RSVP online at scwn.org. Information: 423-698-6262, email@example.com.
* Church security seminar: Magen 2020: A Gathering of Guardians is set for 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 29, at Westwood Baptist Church, 4001 Georgetown Road NW, Cleveland, Tennessee. (Magen is Hebrew for guardian, protector, shield.) Guest speakers include representatives of the FBI, ATF, Tennessee's Office of Homeland Security and local law enforcement. Topics for discussion will include child custody issues and how to secure a house of worship. Walk-up registration will be available, but early registration is requested via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If registering a group, including all names and contact information. Cost is $2 per person, with a $5 maximum for groups with a church identification letter. Email or call with questions, 423-584-3969.
* Lenten school: The Thorne Sparkman School of Religion will offer faith exploration and fellowship Wednesday nights in Lent, March 4-April 1. The ecumenical series is hosted at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 305 W. Seventh St. Eucharist will begin at 5:15 p.m., dinner at 5:45 p.m. and speakers at 6:30 p.m., with a different scholar each week. Cost is $30 adults, $20 youths; add on five dinners for $30/$15; free child care. Register at http://thornesparkman.org.
To be included in Faith Briefs, send information to Life@timesfreepress.com. Listings must be sent by Wednesday morning each week.