Woman injured from fire at St. Elmo home

Woman injured from fire at St. Elmo home

November 5th, 2012 by Staff Report in Local - Breaking News

House fire at 4703 St. Elmo Avenue

Photo by Contributed Photo /Times Free Press.

A 72-year-old woman has been admitted for treatment and observation at Erlanger Medical Center after apparently suffering from smoke inhalation in a fire at a home at 4703 St. Elmo Avenue.

There was extensive smoke and water damage, officials said.

The home was occupied by the woman, her daughter and two grandchildren. She had made sure they had all gotten out, but evidently stayed inside too long, officials said, leading to her being taken to the hospital.