Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- LAST CHANCE TO SIGN UP FOR JAN. 1 HEALTH CARE
Today's 24-hour extension allows Americans more time to enroll for insurance plans that start on New Year's Day.
- UTAH TURNS TO HIGHER COURT IN BID TO END GAY MARRIAGE
Hundreds of couples rush to wed as the state tries again to win a court order halting same-sex marriage.
- EGYPT LABELS BROTHERHOOD A 'TERRORIST ORGANIZATION'
The interim government accuses the Muslim Brotherhood of orchestrating a deadly bomb attack on a police complex north of Cairo.
- HOLIDAY SHOPPING SLOWS
Sales at U.S. stores have fallen for three consecutive weeks, putting pressure on retailers to lift last-minute sales.
- NEWLY FREED PUSSY RIOT MEMBER SPEAKS OUT
Nadezhda Tolokonnikova calls her early release by Putin a stunt, and urges a boycott of the Winter Olympics.
- GAY CODE-BREAKER GIVEN ROYAL PARDON
Briton Alan Turing cracked Nazi codes to help win WWII, yet his sexuality led to a criminal conviction and subsequent suicide.
- DESIGNER OF AK-47 RIFLE DIES AT 94
Mikhail Kalashnikov created what has become the world's most popular firearm.
- WHAT WAS THE TOP STORY OF 2013
AP's poll of U.S. news editors puts the troubled 'Obamacare' rollout at number one, followed by the Boston bombing and the papal handover.
- AUBURN'S GUS MALZAHN NAMED AP COACH OF THE YEAR
He has the No. 2 Tigers in the national championship game after directing one of the biggest turnarounds in college football history.
- HOW MANY VIDEO GAMES ZAP THE WORLD RECORD
A New York man's collection of 10,607 titles earns him the new Guinness record.