Five months after Hardee's shooting, suspect booked into Hamilton County Jail

Five months after Hardee's shooting, suspect booked into Hamilton County Jail

July 9th, 2014 by David Cobb in Local - Breaking News

Red Bank police officer Dan Knight watches as investigators work the scene of a shooting that occurred Wednesday, Jan. 29, 2014, at around 1:45 P.M. at the Hardee's on Morrison Springs Road in Red Bank, Tenn.

Photo by Doug Strickland /Times Free Press.

Terrance Alexander "Turk" Palmer, 23, is wanted on aggravated robbery charges related to a Red Bank hold-up.

Terrance Alexander "Turk" Palmer, 23, is wanted...

Photo by Contributed Photo /Times Free Press.

More than five months after police say he shot a man in the leg at Hardee's in Red Bank, Terrance Palmer is back in Hamilton County and behind bars.

The 23-year-old was booked at the Hamilton County Jail Tuesday on charges of attempted first degree murder, aggravated robbery, aggravated kidnapping and reckless endangerment.

He remains behind bars on $500,000 bond. His first court date is set for July 28.

Palmer fled to Maryland and was arrested there just days after the Red Bank shooting for possessing a stolen vehicle and a firearm. He was extradited to Sequatchie County recently on other charges and finally transferred to Hamilton County this week, Red Bank police chief Tim Christol said.

On January 29, with snow lingering on the ground, police responded to a lunchtime shooting in the Hardee's parking lot at the corner of Morrison Springs and McCahill Roads.

The victim, a white male, suffered an apparent gunshot wound to the left leg and said a black male shot him after an argument between the two.

A woman on the scene told police that Palmer forced her to drive him to the Hardee's.

The aggravated robbery charges against Palmer stem from an October robbery, also in Red Bank.

Palmer pled guilty in Hamilton County to possession of marijuana for resale and aggravated burglary in 2010. He received a three-year prison sentence for the aggravated burglary charge but it was suspended.

In 2012 he pled guilty to possession of a controlled substance and received a 90-day sentence, court records show.