One day after being crowned Season 9 winner of "The Voice," Jordan Smith's first full-length album was released.
"Jordan Smith: The Complete Season 9 Collection" ($9.99), which came out Wednesday, can be purchased on iTunes. The CD will be sold exclusively at Wal-Mart locations beginning Dec. 24.
It's a savvy marketing ploy by the singer's new record label to capitalize on the popularity of "the highest-selling artist to ever emerge from 'The Voice.'"
The album is an 11-track compilation of songs Smith sang on "The Voice," from "Chandelier" in the blind auditions through "Mary Did You Know?" in the finale. It includes "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" and "Somebody to Love," both of which knocked Adele out of No. 1 on the iTunes singles charts the weeks they were performed.
The album also includes his duets with contestant Regina Love, "Like I Can," and "The Voice" coach Adam Levine, "God Only Knows."
Smith's powerhouse voice resulted in performances that broke three records while competing on NBC's talent show.
The Lee University student was the first artist to sell 1 million singles on iTunes, the first to have every song from his live performances crack iTunes' Top 10 Singles chart and the first artist to land four songs in iTunes Top 10 Singles at the same time.
His performance of "Mary Did You Know" was his third No. 1 on the iTunes Overall Top Songs Chart, making Smith and previous winner Cassadee Pope the only artists from "The Voice" to notch three No. 1 songs during their seasons.
He continued his streak on Billboard's Hot Christian Songs Chart, where "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" and "Hallelujah" both reached No. 1 on consecutive weeks. That made Smith the first artist to replace himself at No. 1 on that chart, according to the record company.
Republic Records also said Smith's videos on YouTube tallied more than 57 million cumulative streamings.
The new winner is in New York City today, where he is scheduled to appear on the "Today" show.
Contact staff writer Susan Pierce at email@example.com or 423-757-6284.
* Jordan Smith wins 'The Voice' in emotional finale
* Jordan Smith tops iTunes chart for third time
* Ron Brendel's pupil might be the next 'Voice'
* Lee's Jordan Smith makes 'Voice' history on iTunes
* Small college, big name: Lee University getting national recognition as a TV talent factory
* Lee's Smith, Knoxville's Roberts headed to 'Voice' finale
* Smith unseats Adele from top of iTunes chart following 'Voice' performance
* Important night for Lee University's Jordan Smith on 'The Voice'
* Harlan's Hope: Jordan Smith's success is bright spot for hometown
* Lee University's Jordan Smith advances to 'The Voice' semifinals
* This Jordan Smith song bumped Justin Bieber out of iTunes' No. 2 spot
* Jordan Smith advances into the top 10 on 'The Voice'
* Who's nervous? Not Lee University's Jordan Smith on 'The Voice'
* Jordan Smith advances into top 11 on 'The Voice'
* Jordan Smith reaches No. 1 on iTunes chart
* Jordan Smith's 'difference' strikes right note on 'The Voice'
Chattanooga man shot after refusing to give into three masked burglars' demands released from hospital