Firefighters battled a house fire late Thursday night in the 2400 block of Bailey Avenue, according to a Chattanooga Fire Department news release.
The incident happened about 11:30 p.m. and three occupants of the home managed to get out safely before crews arrived.
There were no injuries but the home suffered significant damage.
Engine 5, Ladder 5, Squad 1, Engine 9, Engine 15, Squad 13, Battalion 1 and Battalion 2 (Red Shift) responded to the blaze. HCEMS and the Chattanooga police also provided support.
The fire was ruled as accidental. The fire apparently started on the back porch and appeared to have been caused by discarded cigarettes.