"Well, certainly. Do I look stupid?"
- Arkansas coach John L. Smith when asked if he would like to be guiding the Razorbacks after this season
"It's going to feel great, because we're going to win the Egg Bowl for the fourth year in a row. I'm not being disrespectful to them, but it's going to be a great feeling to go out and be 4-0 against the school up north."
- Mississippi State cornerback Johnthan Banks when asked what a career sweep of Ole Miss would mean
"We had one foul that turned back a touchdown all season, but I think the rule did what it was intended to do."
- SEC coordinator of officials Steve Shaw on the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that was implemented last year
"How do you leapfrog Alabama and LSU? Well, you've got to beat them. That's where you start, and it's good for us this year, because we have them both at our place."
- Arkansas senior quarterback Tyler Wilson on being third in the SEC West pecking order
"I'm not sitting down right now, so nothing's hot. I don't have time to listen to that stuff."
- Kentucky coach Joker Phillips when asked about being on the hot seat after last season's 5-7 finish