The Dalton State men's golf team polished off a 26-stroke triumph Tuesday in the Memphis Shootout with a collective 858 for three rounds, led by medalist Ben Rebne at 4-under-par 206 on the TPC Southwind course. Roadrunners teammates Sport Allmond, Matthew Cleary and Eli Hendricks were fifth at 215, ninth at 219 and tied for 10th at 220, respectively. Zach Womack was 14th at 222.
* University of Tennessee at Chattanooga goalkeeper Abbey Saddler was honored Tuesday as the Southern Conference women's soccer defensive player of the week for her role in the Mocs' 1-1 draw with Alabama on Sunday. That was her second such honor in three weeks. UTC plays Thursday night at nationally ninth-ranked Vanderbilt.
* Lee University and visiting Lincoln Memorial played to a scoreless draw Tuesday night in a men's match shortened by lightning to 81 minutes. Goalkeepers Daniel Hrenko of Lee (1-0-1) and Robin Herrmann of LMU (0-0-2) each had four saves and at least one of the spectacular variety.
* Covenant's women and Birmingham-Southern had their match postponed after playing not quite 30 minutes before lightning halted action. The score was 1-1, but that and any stats do not count.
* Chattanooga State beat the visiting Brewton-Parker junior varsity 3-0 in volleyball Tuesday, by the set scores of 25-16, 25-20, 25-21. Brieana Hemphill had 10 kills and six block solos for the Tigers, who got nine kills from Ricki Lynne Bickley, six from Madison Steele and 14 assists from Dakota Rawiszer.
* Cleveland State fell 3-0 (25-4, 25-12, 25-13) at Wallace State-Hanceville.
— Compiled by Ron Bush