A weekly list of upcoming outdoors events in the Chattanooga area; to submit an event, write to email@example.com.
* Lookout Wild Film Festival: Thursday-Sunday, Tivoli Theatre, times vary; 50-plus outdoor adventure & conservation films. See https://lookoutfilmfestival.org for schedule & tickets.
* Tennessee Sandhill Crane Festival: Saturday-Sunday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Birchwood Community Center & nearby Hiwassee Wildlife Refuge & Cherokee Removal Memorial; crafts, demonstrations, food vendors, music, kids activities & shuttles to the river to see the cranes.
* Soddy-Daisy chapter of Tennessee Trails Association hikes: Saturday, Flipper Bend loop, moderately strenuous 8 miles (meet at 8:30 a.m. at Walmart in Soddy-Daisy, just north of the gas pumps; call John Politte at 304-8327); Tuesday, Lookout Mountain Bluff Trail, Covenant College to Point Park, 5 miles (meet at 8:30 a.m. at Food City in Red Bank or at 9 at Covenant's Ochs Gateway; call Gloria Nelson at 645-9008); Jan. 25, Clemmer Trail near Ocoee River, moderately strenuous 8.8 miles (meet at 8:30 a.m. at Food City in Ooltewah; call Tammy Hendrick at 315-949-8187); Jan. 28, west side of Lookout Mountain, beginning & ending on Lower Truck Trail, easy to moderate 5-mile loop (meet at 8:30 a.m. at Food City in Red Bank or 9 a.m. at Reflection Riding; call Nelson).
* Outdoor Chattanooga winter workshops: Wednesdays through Feb. 19, 6:30-8 p.m., OC center, Coolidge Park; free, all ages, reservations not needed; Jan. 22, intro to paddle sports; Jan. 29, protecting waterways; practice opportunity each following Saturday. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 643-6888.
* Interscholastic Climbing League: Jan. 25, Tenn. Bouldering Authority; Feb. 1, High Point Riverside; last 2 of 6 meets at 3 local indoor climbing gyms for grades 6-12 teams. Email email@example.com or call 643-6888.
* Chattanooga Ski Club meeting: Feb. 4, 7 p.m., Enclave subdivision clubhouse, 950 Channel View Lane; discussions of the ongoing winter ski race season at resorts in North Carolina & West Virginia as well as snow ski/board trips to Snowmass, Colo.; Salt Lake City; Banff, Canada; & St. Moritz, Switzerland. See www.chattanoogaskiclub.org.
* Adult archery: aim your game: Wednesdays in February & March, 2:30-3:30 p.m., indoors at Outdoor Chattanooga, Coolidge Park; ages 30-older, free, no experience or reservations necessary; Genesis compound bows provided; arrive on time to allow for dividing into teams. For more information call 643-6888.
* Try Archery: Wednesdays in February & March, 3:30-5:30 p.m., indoors at Outdoor Chattanooga; ages 6-up, free, no experience or reservations necessary; first come, first shoot. For more information call 643-6888.
* Chattanooga Boat & Sport Show: Feb. 6-9, Chattanooga Convention Center; 3-9 p.m. Thursday, noon-9 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday; $10, free for ages 12-under with accompanying adult.
* Cumberland Trail hiking series: Feb. 9, 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m.; guided, moderately strenuous 4-6 miles, 1 way (shuttle provided); free but advance registration required through firstname.lastname@example.org or 643-6888.
* Rapid Learning intro to kayak & skills practice: Feb. 11, 7-9 p.m., Hulsey Wellness Center at Southern Adventist University; $2 cash for pool use; family-friendly for ages 8-up; $75 for individual year's membership, $125 for family; first-timers free; equipment provided, reservations not required. Email email@example.com or call 643-6888.