Sophia Voyles was locked in from the pitching circle and the batter's box in Monday's 8-0 nonregion softball win at Dalton.
The Coahulla Creek senior ace pitched a no-hitter over five innings, striking out 14 of the 15 batters she faced. Voyles also drilled a home run and drove in a pair of RBIs for the Colts (10-2), who also received two hits and an RBI apiece from Steahl Smith and Mia Jones.
Heritage 12, Southeast Whitfield 1: Heritage (8-1) completed a sweep in the Region 7-AAAA opening series for each team as Carmen Gayler hit a grand slam and Madeline Stone had a pair of doubles among her three hits.
Gordon Lee 9, LaFayette 1: Emma Langston pitched a five-inning one-hitter with nine strikeouts for the Lady Trojans (6-2). Allie Farrow was 2-for-3 with three RBIs, Madison Farrow 2-for-3 with an RBI and Ashlyn Schmidt 2-for-4 with a pair of runs scored.
* Silverdale Baptist Academy received a complete team effort in a hard-earned four-set victory over East Hamilton, 27-25, 23-25, 25-22, 25-9. Savannah Williams and Casey Neal combined for 25 kills, while Ashlee Kugler had 38 assists and half a dozen kills along with Shelby Evans. Avery Butterworth was key as well for the Lady Seahawks with 22 digs.
* Hixson's service was sharp as Izabel Todd accounted for seven of her team's 22 aces in a road sweep of East Ridge. The Lady Wildcats received an all-around performance from Anna Johnston, who had 11 assists, nine kills and five aces. Riley Bellamy added four aces, and Ava Rogers had eight kills in the win.
* Boyd Buchanan's Cali Sandhoff provided nine digs, nine kills, 11 assists, four aces and two blocks to help spark a sweep of the Chattanooga Patriots, 25-9, 25-23, 25-19. The Lady Buccaneers got 17 digs from Calla Brady, while Isabella Messer added seven kills and three aces.
* Red Bank defeated Central, winning both sets in a best-of-three match. Zoe Helms finished with six aces, while Bailee Phillips had four kills and six digs along with Helms for the Lady Lions.
* Soddy-Daisy had several standout performers in Monday's close loss to Bradley Central. The Lady Trojans were led by Caroline Lemons' 25 kills, 12 digs and five blocks, while Javaria Smith had 32 digs. Addie Miller finished with 30 assists and 10 digs, and Finley Hilliard had four aces.