Man charged with vehicular homicide now faces $7 million civil lawsuit from victim's widow

photo Henry Cofrancesco

A widow is asking for $7 million from a 33-year-old man accused of killing a motorcyclist while driving under the influence in May.

Lisa Benedict's attorneys said Henry Cofrancesco III was driving "negligently and recklessly" when he pulled out of a parking lot, steered his friend's BMW into traffic, and struck Robert Benedict's Ironhorse motorcycle in the 5900 block of Lee Highway on May 21, according to a lawsuit filed earlier this month in Hamilton County Circuit Court.

Robert Benedict, 60, died on scene around 8 p.m., police said.

"Lisa Benedict, and the child of the plaintiffs' decendent, Robert Benedict, are entitled to damages for loss of consortium in the society of their loved one," the lawsuit says.

The