This story was updated Nov. 6, 2018, at 3:15 p.m. with more information.

The search for two "armed and dangerous" Bradley County teens came to a close Tuesday, according to a joint news release from the Bradley County Sheriff's Office and the Cleveland Police Department.

The two 16-year-olds, Memphis Smith and Abraham Augustin, escaped from the Bradley County Juvenile Detention Center shortly before 8 p.m. on Friday. They were taken into custody four days later in Whitfield County, Georgia, without incident.

As recent as Monday, the Bradley County Sheriff's Office was offering a $1,000 reward for the capture of the two teens.

The pair was identified in an armed carjacking on McCutchen Road in Chattanooga early Tuesday morning. Then, shortly before noon, the vehicles was spotted by law enforcement officials in the parking lot of the Pilot Gas Station at 244 Connector Three SW in Dalton, Georgia.

In addition to their original charges, both teens now face charges of felony escape and felony auto theft in Bradley County, and even more charges are expected to come from Hamilton and Whitfield counties due to this morning's carjacking.

Smith and Augustin were originally held on aggravated rape and attempted first-degree murder charges, respectively.

District Attorney Steve Crump said his office is seeking to transfer both cases to criminal court, where both juveniles will be treated as adults.

"When you commit an adult crime, you should be treated accordingly," he said in a statement.

The search for the Smith and Augustin required assistance from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, Chattanooga Police Department, Hamilton County Sheriff's Office, United States Marshalls Service, Dalton Police Department and the Whitfield County Sheriff's Department.

Both the Bradley County Sheriff Steve Lawson and Cleveland Police Chief Mark Gibson said they were relieved the search was over and thanked the public for the "several tips [that] helped lead authorities in their investigation and search."

"We were concerned for the safety of the public, and are grateful that both individuals are back in custody," Gibson said. "I appreciate the cooperation between every agency involved in the investigation and search."

This is a developing story. Stay with the Times Free Press as more information becomes available.