A restaurant, a crash site and a home are the three main locations police have identified in the investigation of the hit-and-run that killed Chattanooga police officer Nicholas Galinger.
Janet Hinds, the suspected driver, went to the Farm to Fork restaurant in Ringgold, Georgia, from about 7 to 10:30 p.m.
She closed her tab at 10:37 p.m., and shortly thereafter, she set out on the 24-mile drive - via the most direct route - to her home in the 200 block of Port Drive in Hixson.
Chattanooga police officer Nicholas Galinger was struck and killed at 11:04 p.m. in the 2900 block of Hamill Road in Hixson while inspecting an overflowing manhole cover. That block is just under 19 miles away from Farm to Fork, via the most direct route, and 5 miles away from Hinds' Hixson home on Port Drive.
The suspected vehicle was found the following day on Feb. 24 at around 3:30 p.m. in the 200 block of Port Drive, though Hinds was not home. She did not turn herself in until the next day, a Monday, at around 9:30 a.m. She had been placed on the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation's Top 10 Most Wanted list on Monday just after midnight.
Police have not said if they know where Hinds was for the 34 hours following the crash.
Read more about deadly hit-and-run of Chattanooga police officer
- Family of Chattanooga police officer killed in hit-and-run sues driver for $10 million
- Chattanooga police say Janet Hinds was at these locations the night of the crash that killed officer Nicholas Galinger [map]
- Suspect in hit-and-run that killed Chattanooga police officer reportedly out on bond
- State agency investigating Chattanooga police officer death; officer testimony provides new details
- Judge reduces bond for Hixson woman accused of killing Chattanooga police officer in hit-and-run
- End of watch: Fallen Chattanooga police officer Nicholas Galinger laid to rest in Cincinnati [photos, video]
- Father of fallen Chattanooga police officer remembers his son ahead of the funeral
- Hundreds gather in Cincinnati to pay respects to slain Chattanooga police officer
- Chattanooga police headed to Cincinnati for funeral of slain officer Nicholas Galinger
- Chattanooga resident documented safety concerns at hit-and-run site minutes before police officer was killed
- Defense attorneys for woman charged in fatal hit-and-run of Chattanooga officer ask for bond reduction ahead of hearing
- Chattanooga police, community salute hearse carrying fallen officer to his hometown of Cincinnati [photos, video]
- Chattanooga police escort fallen officer to funeral in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Funeral for fallen Chattanooga police officer will be Friday
- Sohn: Fallen officer is all of Chattanooga's loss
- Chattanooga police want public's help in gathering information regarding hit-and-run suspect Janet Hinds
- Judge sets $300,000 bond for Hixson woman who turned herself in after hit-and-run that killed Chattanooga police officer
- Woman accused in hit-and-run death of Chattanooga police officer is in custody, faces nine charges
- Condolences pour in from across the country for slain Chattanooga police officer
- Chattanooga police locate vehicle suspected in deadly hit-and-run involving officer
- 23 Chattanooga police officers have been killed in the line of duty since 1879
- Chattanooga police officer killed in hit-and-run